Training for Trainers (T4T)
June 22-25// Boston, MA
The Momentum training is an intensive 3-day training designed to give organizers the tools to build progressive popular social movements to win on the most pressing justice issues of our time.
If you've been through a Momentum training and are excited to grow in your leadership, training skills, depth of understanding of the material, and bring the training to your community, apply to our T4T.
Applications are now open -- deadline extended until Wed. May 24. We will confirm acceptances by the end of May. We will be selecting participants across experience, issues, and identities in order to create a diverse learning environment.
If you've already been a trainer with Momentum and want to develop even deeper leadership, understanding of the curriculum & pedagogy, and are ready to support a team of trainers, apply to be a lead trainer.
What is Momentum?
Momentum is a collectively-run training institute and movement incubator, dedicated to understanding and building transformative social movements. Our training curriculum covers:
- Designing the DNA: story, strategy, and structure of powerful transformative social movements that win through the support of the public.
- How to grow your movement through cycles of action and absorption.
- Communicating your vision and goals in a way the public can understand.
- The difference between effective and counter-productive protests—how to claim the moral high ground and inspire mass support.
- Planning in advance to absorb people outraged by “trigger events” such as mass deportation raids, declaration of a Muslim registry, etc.
- Case studies from successful popular movements, including the Birmingham campaign, ACT UP, Indian independence movement, and others.
Who should apply?
To become a trainer, you must…
- Have already attended a 3- or 4-day Momentum training
- Be willing to serve as a trainer in at least 2 trainings between June 2017 - June 2018.
Preference will be given to applicants who have already held a "swarm support" role in a Momentum training (facilitator, coach, logistics, recruitment, etc.) but you should apply even if you haven't held one of those roles.
If you have questions regarding the application process, please reach out to Lissy Romanow at email@example.com.